7th Grade Reflection

I walked in thinking it would be a piece of cake–boy was I wrong.

I was sure the school work would be easy. It had been last year so why not this year? I mean I had heard that everything gets harder in seventh grade but I was oblivious to the thought. I was doing pretty good and that came to show when the first report card came around–check! Second report card–woohoo! But when the third report card rolled in I panicked a bit. I was getting what some might call summer brain, only way too early. The so called “easyness” I referred to earlier is now gone.

I think my parents were the hard and most confusing part. The whole “your better than this” talk and then switching to “we’ll never mind they’re your grades not mine.”–make up your minds! So when it was time for a new grading period I took both phrases in mind and got down to work. And now I’m crossing my fingers for the day they print.

Looking back on the year I learned that I have to work hard if I want a good outcome and I think that goes for later in life as well. I can’t just walk into something saying it will be easy, I need to try. Try and succeed.